Well Hello Queens,
First of all, I know it’s been so long since my last post, and I’m sorry about that, but, the college takes A GREAT DEAL of my time and leaves me no time to write a blog. So, I am coming back with THE ULTIMATE EYE CARE ROUTINE for anyone who is between 20 to 25.
There are ONLY 5 STEPS that you need to go through to have healthier eye area, and to prevent any creases during your 20s.
1. NUTRITION IS DEFINITELY THE KEY
You can use the most expensive and highest quality products for your eye area, however, if you are not eating well, you will end up looking like Cruella de Vil. And if you are not here for that look, you need to add more Vitamin A into your diet.
Vitamin A, which is the main ingredient of the most expensive Retin A eye serums, invigorates the sensitive eye area, helps the skin renew itself quickly, and is also very good for your eyesight. So you better add some carrots, spinach, peach, eggs and some fish to your diet. It will do wonders for dark circles under the eyes, and give your eye area a shiny, healthier overall look.
2. HAVE SOME ZZZs
How could you expect not to have puffiness and dark circles when you’re sleeping only 5 hours a day? Well, you need to get a good 8 hours of sleep every single day for healthier eye area.
Sleeping is the best way to relax your eyes, and the eye area. While sleeping the renewing process starts and goes on and on until you wake up, but, that does NOT mean sleeping 14 hours straight will do good for your eyes. On the contrary, sleeping too much will cause puffiness around the eyes, so you better get your arse out from the bed after 8 hours.
3. CLEANSING THE RIGHT WAY
I am sure you know that eye area is extremely sensitive, it is so sensitive that the skin around your eyes has the thinnest layer of skin on your whole body. Therefore, you have to be quite gentle while cleaning the eye area. If you do not apply any make up on your eyes, like myself, only thing you need to cleanse your eyes is WATER.
Never, EVER wash your eyes out with any kind of soap, gel cleanser, foam, or exfoliant.
While removing make up, do not rub your eye area, and never force the make up to come off with harsh strokes.
Use a mild make up remover to take off your make up.
Gently swipe the make up wipe, cotton, from the outer corner of your eye to the inner corner, and not from the inner to the outer as many people do.
4. ANTI-AGING PRODUCTS ARE THE WORST ENEMY
Since I am talking about the people between 20 to 25, I am certain that anti-aging should never be an option. Because your skin during your early 20s produces its own collagen, that prevents wrinkles, and it needs absolutely no anti-aging products as it is fully capable of repairing itself.
Anti-aging products could stop your skin’s collagen production if you start using them at an early age, and they could also make your skin extremely sensitive to the sunlight. So, you should never ever ever think about using an anti-aging product during your early 20s.
5. CHOOSING THE RIGHT PRODUCTS
Eventually you will need to use some products to protect your eye area, and to keep it healthy. You will ONLY need to;
- Moisturize: Hydrating the eye area really does help with the overall look, and the health of the eyes, moisturizing also prevents the early wrinkles that you might experience during 20s. You should pick a moisturizer that is essentially designed for eye area, and apply it twice a day. This L’oréal product does the job for me if you are interested.
- Apply sunscreen: It is absolutely VITAL to use sunscreen around your eyes as the skin layer is extremely thin and quite sensitive. Make sure you choose a 50+ SPF or higher sunscreen for your eye area, and you should never apply the regular sunscreen around your eyes. You need to get a sunscreen that is suitable for sensitive areas such as eyes and lips.
And that is all for the healthy looking, wrinkle-free, and actually healthy eyes!
GET READY TO GET FAB!